Monday, January 16, 2012

Thirst

Being that I am now 22 1/2 weeks pregnant, I find myself thirsty all the time.  I feel that I can't possibly drink any more water and yet I am so thirsty.  I wake up thirsty and I am thirsty before bed even after I drink a whole glass of water (which btw doesn't help the having to pee every five minutes thing).

To try and solve this dilemma, I carry around my handy water bottle that doesn't look so good these days.  I have abused it and it maybe time to trade it in for a new model.  As I sit at my desk today, I am was reminded that we will always be thirsty, our thirst will never be sated.  God says something about this....

John 4: 13-14
Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

This is a comfort to know that God is a provider not just for hunger and thirst, but in all things.  He has given me and my hubby so much this past year.  It is easy to focus on all the negative things around us that try to drag us down into despair, but our hope has remained in the Lord.

Psalm 33:18
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,

We have been so blessed this year by the Lord, that I feel some what guilty in my last post.  I was so wrapped up in hurt and despair by mean words that I have forgotten all the blessings we have had.

We thank God for the joys, blessings, and rewards he has provided...without him we would have fallen into despair and ruin.

God Blessed us with good friends, who were their in our time of need, sorrow, joy, and triumph.

God Blessed us with provisions, God never fails to provide and he continues to provide for us.

God Blessed us with hope, even in times of tragedy, he gave us hope that trouble times would pass and suffering wasn't permanent, but a life lesson to help others around us.

God Blessed us with love and companionship; through our struggles and times of joy, this was a learning year as a couple.  We learned that as we leaned on God, we showed us how to lean on each other for support, wisdom, and comfort.  As a couple we grew so much and learned so much about one another, that our marriage is now stronger (we still have a long way to go though folks).

God Blessed us with family; we love our families through the good and the bad.  Even if we seem far and distant, we pray constantly for each members' safety, and life.  God blessed us with family of our own even when I thought stress and sorrow would make that miracle an impossibility.  (See pregnancy comment above).

These are the treasures I want to remind myself of from 2011 not the bad.  I know the bad stuff is the juicy drama that feeds gossip and conversations, and I find myself somewhat guilty of falling into the trap.  It is the blessings that people often forget in times of sorrow, strife, and suffering, but regardless of all that has happened and will, my goal besides the one previously mentioned in the last post, is to focus on what God has done because God is Good ALL THE TIME.

No comments: